Friday 26 February 2010

(51)
Once, a young  man passed Me on a road,
With a lot of baggage on his back.
"What do you look for?", I asked.
"I look for God",  he said.
I said, "Come let Me show you the way."
He laughed and thought of Me mad.

Ten years later I saw him older,
Passing on the same road.
He had more baggage on his back.
Looked a little older and more tired than before.
"What do you look for?", I asked.
"I look for God",  he said.
"Come let Me show you the way." I said.
He laughed and brushed Me aside.
Forty years later I saw him again,
Old and very grey.
His vision blurred and could hardly walk,
With even more baggage.

He came upto Me and asked,
"Do you know where God is?"
He looked into My eyes and said,
I know now who You are,
But it is too late now.
How can I make this journey,
For my body lacks strength.

I smiled and reminded him,
That I always give another chance.
There is always another birth, I said,
For you to start your journey all over.

So do not waste time
Taking several births.
In every birth at one stage,
You will find Me standing and waiting.
For I have always chosen 
A path for you long before.
So place your faith in Me,
Hold My hand,
And walk with Me
back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment